Friday 28 October 2016

How Phone Chat Can Build Your Confidence

Captivate Anyone With Stimulating Conversation

The best way to get anyone to react in a positive manner is to let them know you Admire them!

Sincerely! It is so obvious and simple. Not only that but it really does work.

Last week I started a  brand new job as a licensed recruiter. I've regularly worked as a qualified network marketer for people before but now I decided to join a different company. The majority of my job description is comprised of making sales calls. That's right the horrifying Sales Pitch!

Now I bet you are wondering what is that? It goes a little something like this; Hello! My name is John Smith and I'm with the ABC department, can I please speak to your Supervisor in charge of sales? From that point forward I acquire information until I find the correct person on the line that will have a genuine enthusiasm for the product that I'm promoting.

I Needed Some Time To Feel Comfortable

There was a stark contrast between the first couple of times that I began to call and the next. Frankly, I was afraid to call because I just didn't feel ready. I wasn't knowledgeable about the proper strategy to employ and felt totally uncomfortable with the prospect of a phone chat with a complete stranger. This is how it went: Within the first couple of calls, no one had any interest in listening to my pitch. I could tell they had no patience for someone with no self-assurance.

So the next day I took a deep breath. Then I made a personal pledge to myself to be more confident and to express a positive attitude. I would make sure that anyone I contacted would appreciate my approach. I knew that one way to achieve this would be to show how delighted I was to talk with them. Because when you treat people with respect and dignity they usually respond in kind. Want to know what happened then? My genuine point of view worked! I talked with countless managerial people of influence who were more than willing to impart their wisdom.

This is one rule you should never forget. Always make sure to use someone's proper name when you are in a discussion. Ask about their family and how things are going. Bring up subjects that you know they have an interest in. Talk about the weather and the difference in your respective climates. When you use the personal touch people will feel compassion emanate from your words.

I Think I've Got This!

I couldn't believe the response I received. Because I conveyed an air of excitement when talking with them, they reciprocated right back! I realized that the conversation was much more pleasant when I concentrated on their needs instead of mine. When I look back now I can see that I just had to face my fears. Making mistakes and learning how to overcome them is all part of the process.

How do you go about this task? Do you express passion and concern for your clients while engaged in phone chat conversations? Do you sound genuinely excited when you talk with them? Are you allowing them to feel at ease? Are you complimenting their humor? Do you sincerely want to show your viable prospects that they are important in your eyes?

In the end, with the right outlook & commitment, you can turn a day of distress into a day of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment